May 15, 2011
Even if you have found an angel investor that is willing to listen to your business proposal it is important that you understand the hard part is just beginning. The next step is to pitch the idea and convince the angel investors that your idea is profitable and viable. As you are creating your plan of attack it is best that you keep in mind the following three things.
1) Your goal is to get financial capital
2) You also want to obtain human capital:
Most angel investors will sign up as a board member or as an advisor. This is an extra benefit for you, aside from getting the investment capital you need you are getting experienced executives that can help you make your business as profitable as possible. Taking your vision and making it a reality.
3) You want to be introduced to other angel investors:
Occasionally to offset the risk of an investment angel investors will invest in a business as a group. The benefit to you is that you get multiple channels for potential funding.
Generally the very first submission that is made by possible investees is the business plan. Once the business plan gets a pass, the next thing they will want is a power point presentation. The power point presentation will include a Q and A so you really need to be prepared.
Here is a list of items that should be covered in your power point presentation:
1. As concisely as possible state your business concept
2. Stage of your business
3. How your concept is unique
4. How your business will solve a problem
5. The market for your business (hint, you should invest a lot of time into researching this)
6. The way your business will make money
7. Who is your competition? (If you’re answering â€œno oneâ€ what you are telling the investors is that you haven’t done your research or that you haven’t really thought your plan all the way through)
8. The education and experience of your management team
9. Clear timeline of your milestones and your goals
10. Your financial projections which should include your sources and uses of funds
( and click Like if you like :-) )
Then Follow us @ //twitter.com/vcgate