October 12, 2010
Want venture capital? Click here to watch this free presentation.
Your presentation will only last about 20-30 minutes, so make your slide show concise. But be prepared to answer any and all questions about your company. Know thyself.
The ten key questions to answer in your presentation are:
1. What do you do? Concisely explain what your company does.
2. What is your growth status? Are you in seed stage, early stage, late stage?
3. What makes your company uniquely qualified to succeed? This is perhaps the single most important point on which your entire business hinges. Why is your company, and no other company, the right one to serve your customer needs? It could be a great management team, proprietary technology, key partnerships with other companies, or other qualifier.
4. What market need does your company satisfy? Based on third-party industry research, show evidence for why your target market needs what you have. What are your customers purchasing, what have they said they would purchase, given the opportunity to do so?
5. What market or markets do you compete in? Using independent market research again, who is your target customer? Where do they live?
6. What are your revenue sources? Lay out your key revenue sources: direct customer purchases, affiliate marketing, advertising, etc.
7. Who and what are your competition? Who are your competitors and what are their strengths and weaknesses? How will you beat the competition and set up barriers around your customer base? Remember, competition is defined as any product or service that fills the same need your company fulfills
8. Who are your management team members and what are their qualifications? Show investors why your management team is a reliable bet. Have you worked together for a long period of time? Do your team members show success growing companies?
9. What are your key past and future milestones? This is the chronology or â€œstorylineâ€ of your business. Starting from the past and working towards the future, lay out when key products will be developed, strategic partnerships will be formed, services will be released to the public, marketing strategies will be implemented, revenue milestones will be achieved, etc.
10. How much money do you need? Investors are interested in huge returns over a short period of time. Bear this in mind when proving to them how much capital you are seeking. Explain why it is a solid investment using realistic financial assumptions.
Want venture capital? Click here to watch this free presentation
( and click Like if you like :-) )
Then Follow us @ //twitter.com/vcgate