June 12, 2013
If you want to use this method here are some of the ways you can say thank you to your customers:
- Keep note of the birthdays of your customers and send mail gifts or cards
- Send cards and letters on Thanksgiving or Christmas. * In order to make this a habit send one personal thank you note to one different customer each day.
- Whenever a client makes a large purchase send a hand-signed thank you note, a gift certificate or a discount certificate.
- Create a “Customer Appreciation Event”- something like a party or a backyard barbecue. Organize a special sale only for your existing customers.
- If you have really special customers who you want to repay, pay an announced short visit with a surprise gift just you show up your appreciation.
And just about the time I was hearing this story of this Doctor I realized that just in the last year I signed checks for more than 1 million dollars in order to pay for goods and services. One million dollars is a big sum and I can only recount a few of those who received a payment to express their thanks or gratitude in any way. I received just one birthday card and no more.
This means that just making the effort to say “thanks” will take you ahead of your competition and will prove to your customers that you are special and valuable.